Last night we posted the service release that I mentioned in this post which adds support for the Infragistics controls in the Visual Studio 11 Beta.
The quickest way to get the service release and install is to log into My IG from the website and go to Keys and Downloads, select NetAdvantage 2011.2 from the list and scroll down to the Service Release list and download the installer for the product you are using.
Once you download and install the Service Release, you'll have the latest patches and fixes for that product, including specific fixes for Visual Studio 11.
There are a couple caveats with the Visual Studio 11 when working with Silverlight & WPF, we are working with Microsoft to address them in the Visual Studio 11 RC, but you will have to work around them for now:
- The initial load of the Toolbox may require special attention on your part:
- When you start Visual Studio 11 after installing the WPF Service Release, the toolbox should automatically load and you should see the Infragistics controls
- If Visual Studio 11 hangs when starting, kill the process, re-start Visual Studio 11, and manually add the controls to the toolbox
- When you start Visual Studio 11 after installing the Silverlight Service Release, you will need to manually add the Infragistics controls to the toolbox
- You will notice the Property Grid is brand new in Visual Studio 11. You may experience bugs with property editors or collection editors. If you experience any bugs or odd behavior, post those issues to the Visual Studio 11 forums.
We are working with Microsoft on multiple issues that we are both aware of with Visual Studio 11, we expect a more stable experience when the Visual Studio 11 RC ships. If you have any issues or questions, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.