Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igCombo igcombodropdownclosing event firing twice
posted

Hello there,

I am trying to intervene when a user makes a new selection in the igCombo box and there are still pending changes on the page.

I find that I cannot use the "igcomboselectionchanging" event, because this also fires when the user is entering text to find and item (using autocomplete).

so I subscribed to the igcombodropdownclosing event like this to handle all igCombo closing events: $("body").on("igcombodropdownclosing", handleClosing);

this is the handleClosing function:

function handleClosing(evt, ui) { 

if (!confirmContinueWithPendingChanges()) {    

ui.owner.closeDropDown();

return false;   

} else {        

pageState.clearPendingChanges();    

return true;        }    }

As you can also see, I use ui.owner.closeDropDown(); explicitly here because when returning false in the dropdownclosing event, the dropdown seems to be broken. I guess this is a bug?! ui.owner.closeDropDown() is NOT triggering the second call of igcombodropdownclosing tho!

So the problem is, everything is working as expected, ONLY, the "igcombodropdownclosing " event is triggered twice!

Can you please investigate this problem and provide me with a solution OR provide me with another way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Please also ask further if you need more info/code.

Greetings, John

Parents Reply Children
No Data