Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Creation Filters - Adding an image to a column header button
posted

Hiya,

As the title suggests I am trying to use a creation filter to add a button to the column header with an image. A button gets added fine however I do not get an image. I am trying to add the image to the button by using an 'Apperance' but it does not appear to do anything, though setting other properties such as the cursor does, I just don't get it, any help please?

An additional issue is I appear to have a floating button, that randomly docks to the right for no reason. No idea what this is, it occurs even if I change the if statement to affect only one column.

My code is below:

Public Sub AfterCreateChildElements(parent As Infragistics.Win.UIElement) Implements Infragistics.Win.IUIElementCreationFilter.AfterCreateChildElements

Dim aButtonUIElement As ButtonUIElement = CType(parent.GetDescendant(GetType(ButtonUIElement)), ButtonUIElement)

If IsNothing(aButtonUIElement) = True Then

aButtonUIElement = New ButtonUIElement(parent)

End If

If IsNothing(aButtonUIElement.GetAncestor(GetType(HeaderUIElement))) = True Then

Exit Sub

End If

Dim aColumnHeader As ColumnHeader = CType(aButtonUIElement.GetAncestor(GetType(HeaderUIElement)), HeaderUIElement).GetContext(GetType(ColumnHeader))

If IsNothing(aColumnHeader) = False Then

If Strings.Left(aColumnHeader.Column.Key, 5) = "Staff" And aColumnHeader.Column.Key <> "Staffing" And aColumnHeader.Column.Key <> "StaffAllocatedHours" Then

If TypeOf parent Is HeaderUIElement = True Then

RemoveHandler aButtonUIElement.ElementClick, AddressOf _frmStaffing.OnButtonHeaderElementClick

AddHandler aButtonUIElement.ElementClick, New UIElementEventHandler(AddressOf _frmStaffing.OnButtonHeaderElementClick)

End If

Dim anAppearance As New Infragistics.Win.Appearance

anAppearance.Cursor = Cursors.Cross 'Test to check anAppearance works, it does, the cursor changes to a cross.

anAppearance.Image = My.Resources.edit_formula_add 'However the image is not shown.

parent.ChildElements.Add(aButtonUIElement)

Dim rect As Rectangle = parent.RectInsideBorders

' adjust it slightly so that it fills the entire area of the row preview

rect.Offset((parent.Rect.Width / 5) * 4, -2)

' set the width of the button's rect

rect.Width = parent.Rect.Width / 5

' increase the height for aesthetic reasons

rect.Height = rect.Height + 2

' set the button element's rectangle

aButtonUIElement.Rect = rect

' set the appearance to draw the image.

aButtonUIElement.Appearance = anAppearance

End If

End If

End Sub

Parents Reply Children