Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid Hidden Rows & Columns
posted

In Microsoft Excel, when you hide either a column or a row, the hidden column and row are known to users as you can see in my picture attachment. What I am interested in is whether I can do that on Infragistics WinGrid. For example, if I hide row 2 between row 1 and row 3, then I will see something between row 1 and 2 that there is a hidden row in fact. If this function is not supported, you can suggest me a way around it in order to achieve that users can see that there are hidden rows and columns.

Offline posted

Hello Kim,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Right now UltraGrid has no such build in functionality. However you can achieve such behavior by setting the column/row width/height to some small value, e.g. 2 px. Please find attached a small sample project implementing this approach.

After working on this and doing some research, the idea to have MS Excel like indicators for hidden rows and columns has been determined to be a new product idea. So, you can suggest this as new product idea for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at http://ideas.infragistics.com.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.

CAS-167050-Z5S0Z7.zip