Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Webdatagrid is getting nullreferenceexception on reloading
posted

Hi We are using net advantage 15.2 version and i followed below code pattern to submit my data and stored it in database after inserting database we are binding data to grid again. When we click on button it inserting data into database, however we are getting null reference exception. It is a very unuique scenario. I have used multiple grids in same application and in the same way, but i didn't met this scenario. SO iam unable to replicate the scenario in a sample. Please go through attached error screenshot and kindly guide me in it.

private ds as new Dataset("Test")

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

LoadGrid()

If Not Page.IsPostBack Then

Session("x") = nothing

End If

End Sub

private Sub LoadGrid()

setData()

createFields()

bindData()

End Sub

protected sub ButtonClick Event(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

functionalityToInsertGridDataToDatabase()

Session("x") = nothing

setData()

bindData()

End Sub

private sub setData()

if session("x") is nothing then

//Will pull Data ans set in ds

session("x") = ds

Else

ds=DirectCast(session("x"),Dataset)

End if

End Sub

private Sub bindData()

grid.DataSource = ds

grid.DataBind()

End Sub

private Sub CreateFields()

//Manually create fields and editor providers from code behind

End Sub

Offline posted

Hello Shadow test,

Thank you for posting in our forums!

Based on the screenshot, the exception is being thrown in relation to the app styling with one of your Editor Providers.  Without being able to reproduce this or any more information, I can't say much more for sure what is causing it.

This information may be able to help you narrow down the cause.  You can try setting different properties for your Editor Providers and see if this changes the behavior.

Is there any other information about your environment you can provide like .NET version, and are you using the latest service release of Infragistics 15.2?  The latest service release is using version 15.2.20152.2042.

Looking forward to hearing from you.