Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Appending text beyond text area does not scroll text to bottom
posted

Is there a way to accomplish this? I am adding text to the web text editor which sits in an update panel. The text gets updated via asynchronously in the editor, but I can't seem to scroll automatically to the bottom or have no idea how this could be done?

Paul

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in our forums!

You can accomplish this by setting up a javascript function that sets the scrollTop of the text area.  We provide access to the input element in the editor with the get_inputElement property.

You can call this function as the WebTextEditor's Initialize event which will be called after the postback.  I have attached a quick sample that you can find at the bottom of my post which demonstrates this.  Clicking the button will set the WebTextEditor's Text and assign the javascript function defined in the .aspx as the Initialize event.

If you have any further questions or concerns with this, please let me know and I will be glad to help.

AppendTextScrolling.zip
Children
No Data