Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igCombo validate using asp mvc validation
posted

Hi,

I'm trying to use igCombo as a replacement for DropDownListFor in my MVC application, as it offers things like autocomplete and filtering of selectable data. All that works just fine, but one things is not working as I want it to. I only use Infragistics components for my dropdownlists in my form, using the standard html helpers for all other input fields. When submitting the form, igCombo fields shows it's own error message (using igValidator), replacing the ValidationMessageFor I want to show in order to keep messages localized and in the same format. I'm working with the MVC html helper of igCombo.

I need help to etiher disable/prevent/redirect this validation error message to use ValidationMessageFor instead of it's own validation message.

I'm using Infragistics 2015.2 with the latest jquery and jqueryui.

Sample code:

<div class="col-md-8">

@(Html.Infragistics().ComboFor(model => model.CountryID)

.PlaceHolder(DtoResource.Select_country)

.AutoComplete(true)

.EnableClearButton(true)

.AllowCustomValue(false)

.ValidatorOptions(options => options.OnBlur(false).OnChange(false).OnSubmit(true))

.FilteringCondition(ComboFilteringCondition.StartsWith)

.HighlightMatchesMode(ComboHighlightMatchesMode.StartsWith)

.DataSource(ViewBag.Countries)

.ValueKey("Value")

.TextKey("Text")

.DataBind()

.Render()

)

@Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.CountryID, "", new { @class = "text-danger" })

@*@Html.DropDownListFor(model => model.CountryID, (SelectList)ViewBag.Countries, DtoResource.Select_country, htmlAttributes: new { @class = "form-control" })*@

</div>

Regards

FW

Parents Reply Children
No Data