Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid filter styles
posted

I am adding a filter option to my XamDataGrid and I was wondering if there is anyway to restyle either the regular textblock filter or the excel dialog filter. For the textblock filter is there a way to update the operators (Equals, Begins with, etc.) by removing the ones we don't want? Also is it possible to change the icons for some of the options. I don't think I have access to the default XamDataGrid styles so I can't update the default templates for those controls.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Jakub,

Thank you for your support request.

You find the default style for XamDataGrid from the following location on your machine:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\2015.2\WPF\DefaultStyles\DataPresenter.  The style for FilterCellValuePresenter   is located in file with name “DataPresenterGeneric_Express.xaml”, so you would be able to copy and modify it in order to change the visual appearance of filter cells..  You can take a look at the following forum thread where  Andrew has provided an example of how to change the  style of filter operators and modify the icons:

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/89580.aspx

About  the requirement for updating the operators(Equals, Starts With,  … ). They are resource strings, so you can easily  modify the value that is display to the end user. You can find more details from the following forum thread:

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/38554.aspx

for example you can use the SetCustomizedString method:

Infragistics.Windows.Resources.Customizer.SetCustomizedString("ComparisonOperator_Equals", "Custom Equals");

If you would like to hide some item, you can create style for ComboBoxItem in order to handle it’s Loaded event and set  the Visibility property depending on it’s value:

<Style TargetType="{x:Type ComboBoxItem}">
                        <EventSetter Event="Loaded" Handler="operators_Loaded"/>
    </Style>

private void operators_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
     {
                if ((sender as ComboBoxItem).Content.ToString() == "Starts with")
                    (sender as ComboBoxItem).Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;
      }

I have attached simple project that illustrates this approache, please take a look and let me know if you require any further assistance regarding this matter.

FilterStyles.zip
Children