Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
LoadCustomizations and other parts of the initialization sequence
posted

I've got a problem where the "LoadCustomization()" method of the xamDataGrid does something totally different if I begininvoke it on the dispatcher with a *high* priority than it does with a *lower* priority.  All other factors are the same, including the customization xml itself.

The field layouts are already initialized in both cases.

The difference in behavior between the two may be on account of whether another operation (also seemingly executed via the dispatcher) has taken place or not: Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.GridUtilities.ProcessAsyncInvalidations()

The more preferable behavior from LoadCustomizations() occurs in the scenario where it is executed on the dispatcher after GridUtilities.ProcessAsyncInvalidations()

Can someone tell me how to properly sequence and execute LoadCustomizations()?  Is there state-ful information on the XamDataGrid that will tell me if any "async invalidations" are pending? (So I won't run LoadCustomizations just yet)?

This is taking up plenty of development time.  If I overlooked some docs, please point me to them.  Thanks for the help,

David

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello David, 

I have been looking into your description and I am not sure what is the behavior when you are using the LoadCustomizations() with different priority level. Could you please let me know what is the difference that you have mentioned?  

ProcessAsyncInvalidations is executed asynchronously to prevent triggering multiple layout passes which can reflect the performance of the application. The dispatcher priority level for this operation is set to DataBind so you may consider setting the priority of the LoadCustomization operation to a lower priority level.

Children