Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
What is the difference in the following methods for ig.TreeHierarchicalDataSource?
posted

Can you please describe what the differences are in the following?

dataView vs. flatDataView

generateFlatData vs generateFlatDataView 

I have a use case where I am using an igTreeGrid. The grid initially has a row inserted dynamically using dataSource.insertRow(). Then the dataSource.commit() is called after insertion. What I've noticed is if a child is inserted, then the igTreeGrid will display the (+) indicator, but when I call dataSource.flatDataView(), I cannot find the child row until I expand the node.

Can you please advise?

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello C R,

The difference between dataView and flatDataView methods is that dataView returns the original hierarchical structure of the data, while flatDataView returns the current flat data view with all records. Regarding your issue, are you calling dataBind() method in order the grid to be updated with the new data? Attached is a sample with similar scenario for your reference.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Tsanna

igTreeHierarchicalDS.zip
Children
No Data