Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Separate Add Logic from IgniteUI
posted

Hello, I am using IgniteUI 2016.2 for MVC5.

I try to separate add logic with delete+edit option from IgniteUI. I add f.Updating().EnableAddRow(false) to my code. But, my previous code "ddlSource = grid.data("igGridUpdating").options.columnSettings[3].editorOptions.dataSource;" to get dropdown select option was error because of undefined values.

Is there any proper solution to get dropdown select option from IgniteUI without enable add row? So i can use popup to add new row with dropdown from IgniteUI specific column and refresh table after data added.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello johnson johnson,

I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing.
    I created a sample MVC application, put an igGrid in View, one of the columns has ColumnEditorType.Combo, enabled Updating feature, disabled EnableAddRow and checked whether the following code fails.

$("selector").data("igGridUpdating").options.columnSettings[index].editorOptions.dataSource

But the code returns combo's dataSource objects expectedly.

I have attached the sample project I used to test this.  Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Noriko I.
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.

SampleApplication.zip
Children
No Data