Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
IDataErrorInfo Support Styling
posted

Hi there

I'have a little question about the styling of the IDataErrorInfo support. In some fields, we need to display a button, where the user can click and search for some stuff in an seperate modal window. Without setting this custom style on the field for the CellValuePresenter, the XamDataGrid displays the IDataErrorInfo in a nice way. But as soon, i set this style to the CellValuePresenter, the IDataErrorInfo support does not work for that field.

Can you lead me in the right direction? Didn't found a solution in the Samples...

Please see the attached sample.

To see the different behavior, just comment (or uncomment) lines 92 - 94 in MainWindow.xaml.

Thanks in advance. :)

XamDataGrid_IDataErrorInfo_Test01.zip
Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello IBV,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics. You must be careful when retemplating elements because our controls are made up of many individual styles than can easily be overriden. To keep the original behavior intact you must reference and use the default style.

I reattatched your sample that fixes the issue by reinserting the trigger for IDataErrorInfo Support from our default style for CellValuePresenter. Although this works, it's still excluding other pieces of CellValuePresenter that we add. Therefore I've included the default xaml for CellValuePresenter.

Our default styles are installed locally, and you can access them here:
    C:\Program Files\Infragistics\NetAdvantage 2010.3\WPF\DefaultStyles\DataPresenter

Please refer to my sample for more details and let me know if you have any questions.

XamDataGrid_IDataErrorInfo_Test01.zip
Children