Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Change splitter backcolor on mouseover
posted

I need to change the color of the splitter bar in the DockManager while the user is hovering over it. This is useful to help indicate to the user of this functionality in addition to the icon that is shown while hovering. The standard .Net splitcontainer has this ability:

private void splitContainer1_MouseLeave(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
splitContainer1.BackColor = SystemColors.ControlDark;
}

private void splitContainer1_MouseHover(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
splitContainer1.BackColor = SystemColors.ControlDark;

}

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Aron,

UI Element’s appearance can be modified by setting various properties on Appearance objects exposed by PLF-based controls. However, when a requirement comes along which isn’t supported by the control, then that requirement can be implemented using a DrawFilter.

There is a possibility of changing color of the splitter bar in DockManager when it’s hot tracked by writing a custom DrawFilter that does that . You can refer to our online help documentation to read about the DrawFilter.

I will create sample application to demonstrate how this DrawFilter can be implemented. I will post it here by end of day today.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Sahaja Kokkalagadda
    Associate Software Developer

Reply Children
No Data