Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics Version Utility: Upgrade Issue
posted

I have a large solution for a smart client app. This solution has many(30+) projects. I was able to run the update utility on the solution and most of the projects updated successful.   I have about 5 projects that when i run the utility against the project itself it will fail to upgrade. Here is the log file it produces. 

12:03:19: Running VS2012/VS2013 Add-in UI Version 15.1.20151.1000
12:03:19: Gathering volume and assembly information.
12:03:19: Could not locate registry entry Software\Microsoft\.NETCore\v4.5\AssemblyFoldersEx where we look for installed products.
12:03:21: Analyzing CommonControls.csproj...
12:03:21: The project has references that need to be updated.
12:04:04: Updating CommonControls.csproj...
12:04:04: C:\Program Files\Projects\..\..\.\.\.....\CommonControls.csproj has been backed up.
12:04:04: No matching assembly located in available assemblies Infragistics2.Win.UltraChart.v10.1.Design
12:04:04: at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.Product.AssemblyXmlFile.ThrowExceptionWhenAssemblyCouldNotBeFound(String assemblyName, Boolean checkAdditionalMessage)
at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.Product.AssemblyXmlFile.LocateNewAssembliesNodeforCurrentAssembly(String assemblyName)
at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.File.Types.ProjectFile.Upgrade(String rootDirectory)

Any ideas of what I am missing?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello David,

Thank you for sending us the error log. I do see that the conversion process is complaining about missing Infragistics2.Win.UltraChart.v10.1.Design assembly. However, it is not required to add it in the project references in order to run the application. My recommendation to resolve this issue is to follow the below steps:

1. Remove the Infragistics2.Win.UltraChart.v10.1.Design assembly from project references.
    2. Run the version control utility.
    3. Check if all project references are upgraded to 15.1.20151.1000. If any of them are still pointing to 10.1 then manually update them to 15.1.20151.1000.

Please try the above steps and let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Sahaja Kokkalagadda
    Associate Software Developer

Reply Children