Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Move fields between fieldGroups
posted

Hi! Is there a way to allow the user to move a field from one field group to another field group? Lets say I have the following Fields + FieldGroups:

|    Person                    | Address                      |  <- Field Groups

| First Name | Last Name || Country | City | Street |  <- Fields under the fieldGroups

By setting the FieldLayoutSettings.AllowFieldMoving = AllowFieldMoving.WithinLogicalRow; The fields can be moved only inside their group. But I wan't to allow my user to move E.G. the City column between the First Name and Last Name column. This would cause the City column to be moved under the Person group. I've tried with AllowFieldMoving.Yes and with AllowFieldMoving.WithinLogicalColumn as well, but none of them solved my problem. Is this feature supported?

Thank you

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Ladislav,

Moving a Field from one FieldGroup to another FieldGroup can be done only in code-behind by manually removing the Field instance from the Children collection of the first FieldGroup and adding it to the collection of the second FieldGroup. I have attached a sample that demonstrates this behavior with the use of a button.

var field = dataGrid.DefaultFieldLayout.Fields["Price"];
    infoGroup.Children.Remove(field);
    shippingInfoGroup.Children.Add(field);

You can always submit a new product idea (or vote for an existing one) at http://ideas.infragistics.com/. The product ideas site allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.

Steps to create your idea:

1. Log into the Infragistics Product Ideas site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).
    2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)
    3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible.
    * Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can’t be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!
    * [FORUMS: “Include a link to this thread”] in your idea so product management will be able to look back at this case. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

XamDataGrid_sample.zip
Reply Children
No Data