Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistic reference issues - all controls throw error in code
posted

Hello all - so I'm having the strangest issue, which is just one in 3 days worth of issues.  The particular error I'm encountering when building my project is as follows:

frmShipment.Private WithEvents cboTask as Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraCombo' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'.

I am receiving this error for every control (i assume), I currently have 102 errors and VS 2012 states that the maximum number of errors has been reached.

BACKGROUND ON THE ISSUE

My boss and I run the project and use TFS for Source Control.  As of last Thursday, we spent a few hours together with me getting all her code from TFS in order to make sure I was in sync with her while she was out of town, in case I needed to publish any updates to our client.  Everything worked on Friday, but it is important to mention that I never opened the designer of any form that day.  I made code changes and pushed them out to a test environment or the test users to look at.  However, once I came in on Monday of this week, I opened the designer, but was no longer able to select any of the controls on my form.  In fact, all the controls showed up on screen in their usual places, but then they also showed up at the bottom of the screen along with the normal controls.  This has never happened before.

I researched the error to the best of my ability and I also tried doing a clean, build, rebuild of all the projects in my solutions, but after more than a day of these attempt, as well as removing and adding back all infragistic references, I made no progress.  Then, on Tuesday after much hair pulling I was able to get it work and I could select the controls on my designer again.  I have no clue what I did and I wish I had documented it.  I ran across some other errors and was in the process of fixing those yesterday and somehow I got the same issue with my designer again.

And that brings us back to the beginning of my post.  Now I can no longer open the designer of any form.  I get a bunch of errors and the designer won't display my form.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and help you all can offer.

Thanks!

Parents Reply Children
No Data