Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid Behaviour Template Error
posted

Hi,

I need to dynamically update values in cell drop down, which can be different for two cells of same column. E.g. In first row inside Workbook column drop down I need to show four workbook names(A,B,C,D) and in second row inside workbook column drop down I need to show three workbooks(X,Y,Z). So, I have added xamcomboeditor in "WorkBook" column of xamDataGrid programatically.

Whenever i select item from a drop down in workbook cell, the selection is lost after focused is  removed from that cell. Also, the data source attached to grid is not updated with selected value. I have attached a project sample and attached two images of the issue in same project. Please let me know how I can retain the selection of xamcomboeditor in this case and update it in data source of grid.

Thanks,

Sagar

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Sagar,

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the project sample or the images are attached to this post. Would it be possible for you to please attach them so that I can see how exactly you are defining your XamComboEditor(s) in your cells?

From your description, it sounds like the XamComboEditor is not bound to anything, and so when you exit the cell, the value is never updated. If this is the case, I would recommend binding the SelectedItem property of your XamComboEditor to the underlying value of your cell. The actual binding for doing this would differ depending on how you are placing it in your cell, and so if you could please attach a .zip file with your images and the sample project, I should be able to give you more information on this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer

Children
No Data