Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {1A5AC6AE-7B95-478C-B422-0E994FD727D6} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80010001
posted

I receive the following error when running the 'Create Visual Studio Toolbox Tab' utility.

I have Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition and SQL Server 2008 Developer edition installed (no version of 2005 anywhere).

I used the following switches: /v /t:9.0 8.3

The error log contains:

16:21:13 - Params: /v /t:9.0 8.3
16:21:13 - PUBLIC: Begin processing NetAdvantage version 8.3
16:21:13 - Beginning to process VS v9.0
16:21:13 - Getting Type for ProgID: VisualStudio.DTE.9.0
16:21:13 - Creating type: System.__ComObject
16:21:14 - EXCEPTION: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
 Source: mscorlib
 Message: Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {1A5AC6AE-7B95-478C-B422-0E994FD727D6} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80010001.
 Stack Trace:    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at TBUtility.ToolboxUtilityManager.ProcessArguments()

However, I am running with my Domain account (I have local admin rights), which causes this, however, if I run as local admin account it works fine, but is no use since the toolboxes won't appear in my profile.

So the question is, could some kind of group policy restriction (the company I work for seem to find a reason to have a policy for anything imagineable) be causing this, what permission does this utility need to run, or can it be updated to provide a more detailed reason why it isn't working?

Parents Reply Children
No Data