Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to save changes to QAT
posted

How can I save changes to QAT? For example a user may add a shortcut from Ribbon to QAT? Currently, if I restart the application, the QAT will not show the added icon. How can this information be saved?

Thank you!

Parents
    Offline posted

Unfortunately there is currently no built in method for saving the state of the QAT/Ribbon. You would need to iterate the Items collection of the QuickAccessToolbar. This collection will contain either QatPlaceholderTool instances or Separator(Tool) instances. If it is QatPlaceholderTool, you would want to serialize out the TargetId (the Id of the tool/group in the qat) and TargetType (i.e. whether it was a tool or a ribbongroup). Note, in order for this to work properly you will need to make sure that you set the Id property of each tool & ribbongroup to a unique value - otherwise the Id is just going to be a randomly generated value which will differ between runs of the application.

Reply Children
No Data