A form combo box selection the dropdown boxes inside the data grid are set

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower Thread's RSS feed.

wolfeh
Points 85
Replied On: Wed, Mar 25 2009 3:09 PM Reply

I have a form with a combo box and a  UltraWinGrid

This UltraWinGrid is using OutlookGroupBy 

One of the columns in the grid has embeded drop down boxes  this column is not part of the groupby

What I need to do is make a selection on the Combo Box and with that selection set all of these

embeded dropdown boxes that are within the grid

How coulld I do this??

Thanks H.W.

• Post Points: 20

All Replies

Mike Saltzman
Points 439,260
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Thu, Mar 26 2009 9:28 AM Reply

Hi H. W., 

I'm havnig a hard time understanding your question. Can you explain in more detail?

Mike Saltzman

Manager - Windows Forms Development

Infragistics, Inc.

wolfeh
Points 85
Replied On: Thu, Mar 26 2009 9:40 AM Reply

hi Mike

Basicly in this case I have a wingrid and it has a dropdown box in one of its columns.  Somewhere else on the form i have a combo box with the same value list next to the combo box I have a button control Named "Update All"  What I need to do is if a user selects a value in the combo boxc and clicks on the button control "Update All" I want it to update all the values in the wingrid dropdown boxes to the same value selected in  the Combo box

Thanks

H.W.

Mike Saltzman
Points 439,260
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Fri, Mar 27 2009 10:40 AM Reply

Hi H.W.,

Okay, that's easy. The only tricky part of this is that if you are grouping the grid, you need to get the actual data rows instead of the GroupByRows. There are several methods on the Rows collection that will help you do this. Here's one example:

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            foreach (UltraGridRow row in this.ultraGrid1.Rows.GetAllNonGroupByRows)
            {
                row.Cells["My Grid Column"].Value = this.ultraCombo1.Value;
            }
        }

Mike Saltzman

Manager - Windows Forms Development

Infragistics, Inc.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS