Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Help! - File IO Exception using first UltraWebGauge
posted

I'm using IG v8.3 CLR35 (vers 8.3.20083.2039)

Have built an ASP.NET application, that heavily uses UltraWebChart (as well as several other controls)

Just starting to design/develop a status dahboard - and REALLY want to use UltraWebGauge!

I dropped an UltraGauge into Designer, and it got confused on which IG Version to use (tried to use UltraWebGauge8.2, etc.)

I fixed the assemblies in the page and web.config -- to be:

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="igGauge" Namespace="Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGauge"

Assembly="Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebGauge.v8.3, Version=8.3.20083.2039, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb"

%>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="igGaugeProp" Namespace="Infragistics.UltraGauge.Resources"

Assembly="Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebGauge.v8.3, Version=8.3.20083.2039, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb"

%>

I can design the UltraWebGauge using Designer, and the UltraGaugeDesigner, and it renders nicely in Designer as well.

When I try to viewthe page in the browser, I get the following exception:

Server Error in '/HP.SiteGlance' Application.

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\hp.siteglance\5014c89e\2a2a498d\App_Web_o3x63pgn.4.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +7714920
   System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption) +1923
   System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) +37
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGauge.UltraGauge.DeleteOldImages() +574
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGauge.UltraGauge.Dispose() +62
   System.Web.UI.Control.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose) +269
   System.Web.UI.Control.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose) +188
   System.Web.UI.Page.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose) +23
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestCleanup() +43
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
   ASP.status_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\hp.siteglance\5014c89e\2a2a498d\App_Web_o3x63pgn.4.cs:0
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

here's the code behind that I use to define deployment scenario:

(note this exception happens regardless of whether I specified these deployment scenarios...)

ugUpTime.DeploymentScenario.ImageType =

GaugeImageType.Png;

ugUpTime.DeploymentScenario.DeleteOldImages =

true;

ugUpTime.DeploymentScenario.Mode =

ImageDeploymentMode.FileSystem;

ugUpTime.DeploymentScenario.ImageURL =

@"ChartImages/Status_UptimeGauge_#SEQNUM(100).png";

ugUpTime.DeploymentScenario.FilePath =

@"ChartImages";