Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Excel export produces corrupted file without exception
posted

I have a UltraGrid, populated with cca 22.000 rows and and 10 columns at most (It never breaks 65536 barrier). When I export the contents of the grid to excel file, everything goes well, but when I want to open file with excel, it gives me following notification:

Excel found unreadable content in 'export.xls'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.

When I click Yes, it tries to repair the damage but is unable to do it. The only column whose value gets exported is the one that is of type boolean.

I am using NetAdvantage for .NET 2007 Vol. 3 CLR 2.0 with latest (1043) patch applied. What could possibly cause this error? Column types are mainly strings and integers with the exception of one Guid and abovementioned boolean. I use no intermediate features of grid (ie calculated columns, summaries, etc.). It is simply a ultragrid bound to datasource. In all other cases throughout my application everything works fine with the exception of this grid which contains quite a lot of rows.

Best regards.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Try free demo version of Excel File Repair tool to repair corrupt .xls and .xlsx Excel files with the actual data formatting. It provides a wide repair solution for all kind of Excel file errors. The tool can successfully repair Excel files from the following mention Excel file errors.

'Excel found unreadable content in filename.xls'

'Unable to read file'

'The document cannot be saved'

'Excel cannot open the file '(filename)'.xlsx'

'The file is corrupt and cannot be opened'

Go through this link http://www.datarepairtools.com/excel-recovery.html to download the evaluation version of Excel Repair Tool.

Children
No Data