Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to disable "Add to Quick Access Toolbar" for button
posted

Hi there,

I would like to restrict the user from adding several buttons to the QaT. I don't want to completely disable that ability for all buttons, just a select few. Is there any built in way to do this?

I tried setting the IsQatCommonTool="False" in my xaml but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Here's an example of one of the buttons I'd like to disable this functionality for:

<igRibbon:ButtonTool igRibbon:RibbonGroup.MaximumSize="ImageAndTextLarge"  Id="btnEditUser" Caption="Edit" Command="efcCmd:efcCommands.EditUser"  SmallImage="/efcClient;component/Resource/userEdit16x16.png"  LargeImage="/efcClient;component/Resource/userEdit48x48.png" IsQatCommonTool="False" />

Thanks in advance!

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

There is no exposed way to prevent this on a per tool basis. It was implemented this way because the Office UI Guidelines indicate that the right click menu of controls must include the option to add them to the QAT. The only thing available currently is that custom tools can indicate via their RibbonToolProxy that that type of tool cannot be added to the QAT.

Reply Children