'Hover' name cannot be found in the name scope of 'System.Windows.Controls.ControlTemplate'

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 30 Replies | 7 Followers Thread's RSS feed.

kobieb
Points 490
Replied On: Wed, Sep 15 2010 2:52 AM Reply

I posted this question in another thread, but I did not get any response.

Is there any update on how to avoid this exception?

'Hover' name cannot be found in the name scope of 'System.Windows.Controls.ControlTemplate'.

I'm getting this exception. I have an unbound cell that is styled to have a button. The command handler for this button removes the corresponding dataitem from the ObservableCollection that is the datasource for the grid. Basically, it removes the row for that button. However, I get this exception when I click the button to remove the row. Adding a row works just fine.

• Post Points: 5

All Replies

ritjain74
Points 465
Replied On: Wed, Nov 24 2010 1:26 AM Reply

Kindly provide me the service release details. I have installed NetAdvantage for .NET 2010 Vol. 2 (WPF4 2045)

ritjain74
Points 465
Replied On: Wed, Nov 24 2010 1:30 AM Reply

Kindly provide me the service release details. I have installed NetAdvantage for .NET 2010 Vol. 2 (WPF4 2045)

• Post Points: 20
Replied On: Wed, Nov 24 2010 9:31 AM Reply

There is only one service release available at a release period per product version. Currently, the available service release for NetAdvantage for WPF 10.2. is 20102.2139. This will not be available in public after the next service release is published; however; in case you need any previous service release for some reason, we can make an internal request, and send you the link to download it.

Let me know if you have any question.

Sam

• Post Points: 35
dwalker24
Points 20
Replied On: Mon, Nov 29 2010 2:30 PM Reply

I am also having this same problem with the NetAdvantage 10.3 WPF xamDataGrid control. Is this fix not part of the v3 controls? What do I need to do to fix it? This is a highly frustrating error since it doesn't appear to even be trappable.

Replied On: Mon, Nov 29 2010 3:12 PM Reply

This issue has been fixed. You would need to install the latest service release, I mentioned in the previous post.

Sam

aurel_ghioca
Points 40
Replied On: Tue, Dec 7 2010 4:25 AM Reply

I have encountered the same issue in WPF Controls 10.3. In order to reproduce it create a XamDataGrid and bind it to an observable list of objects. It is important that the Theme is set to "Generic". Put somewhere above it a menu and add to the Menu a MenuItem that would delete a row from the datasource of the grid and make it so that the placement of the menu item is somewhere overlapping the row that would be removed. Now click on the MenuItem, making sure your mouse is above both menu item and the grid row that is removed. An error 'Hover' name cannot be found in the name scope of 'System.Windows.Controls.ControlTemplate' will be fired. In order to see that this is indeed the root of the problem, try clicking on the menuitem in such a way that the mouse is not over the grid row. The error does not appear.

Also, I would like to point out that we have removed the entire control template and replaced it with our own by removing the 'Hover' Border and any storyboard associated with it. The error STILL appears. We used Snoop to make sure the border is indeed gone and that the trigger is removed and that the template does not have the storyboards associated with the hovering and they where.

I have tried to reproduce the error using normal WPF controls, but failed. I believe it is somewhat linked to the Infragistics template caching mechanism. I can find no local solution, since the template that is throwing the error is not the template of the grid! I don't know how I can access this phantom template.

Please advise.

ralexander
Points 2,116
Replied On: Wed, Dec 8 2010 7:19 PM Reply

I'm getting this issue too but it happens when I'm trying to enter data in the filter row.

ritjain74
Points 465
Replied On: Thu, Dec 9 2010 2:05 AM Reply

Kindly provide me the link to download the same.

Replied On: Thu, Dec 9 2010 8:58 AM Reply

Hello,

Here is how to download the latest service release:

Login to your Infragistics account.
- Click on 'My IG'
- Click on 'NetAdvantage' tab.
- Select the appropriate link corresponding to the version you have installed, in this case 10.3.
- Click on the 'Service Release' (color coded item) and download it.

Let me know if you have any question.

Sam

ritjain74
Points 465
Replied On: Mon, Dec 13 2010 2:15 AM Reply

Is there any default template for 'DataRecordCellArea'. I tried finding it at "Program Files\Infragistics\NetAdvantage 2010.2\WPF\DefaultStyles" but not sure if there is any..

Replied On: Mon, Dec 13 2010 11:02 AM Reply

Please use a new thread or a different thread if your question is unrelated to this post.

DataRecordCellArea is located in the DefaultStyle folder you have mentioned. Look in the DataPresenter folder inside for DataPresenterGeneric_Express.xaml.

Sam

NovabaseACD
Points 325
Replied On: Mon, Jan 10 2011 10:53 AM Reply

I am still getting this problem with the latest release

Replied On: Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:05 AM Reply

If you are getting an error with 10.3.2065 (latest service release), then please provide a sample so we can test it here to verify.

Sam

Tammy Wohlrabe
Points 1,465
Replied On: Wed, Aug 3 2011 10:13 AM Reply

This fix is in the 2010.3 latest service release right?

Replied On: Wed, Aug 3 2011 4:46 PM Reply

Hello Tammy,

The fix was implemented in the service release 10.3.2065, and included in any service release that came out after that.

Please let us know if you incounter any issues with the latest service release. It would also be helpful to provide us with a sample to reproduce the issue if any.

Thank you,

Sam

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS