Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Objects Not Identified using Untill Scroll down is used - QTP 10.0 and Test Advantage
posted

Hi Team,

Am automating .NET Windows forms using QTP 10.0 and Test advantage 10.3.0.0.

Application uses Net advantage controls and Object identification works fine in the active window(Visible window). However am facing issues in identifying the objects where the objects are not visible in that window.  I used the workaround like scroll down to make object visible .

I need to know is that the correct way or is there any settings or any othere way of identifying the object without scrolling the window.Usally its seen that QTP identifies the object in the page irrespective of scroll down.

Thanks in Advance

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

Is it not identifying the object when recording them, or is it recording fine, but not identifying the objects during replay? The way you question was phrased it could lean either way, but I am guessing it is more during replay.  Typically if an object not visible exception is thrown it leans towards the fact that while the object itself was found but the action requires UI interaction and the object  is not on the screen. All of our actions should by the best of their ability try to scroll the control into view. So that leaves two possibilities one, the action, may for some reason be missing the scroll into view call, or something else possibly in the application is keeping it hidden.

Let's start off by testing my hypothesis about the object being found but just not visible. As of 10.3 all of our controls have at least three Get methods, GetNAProperty, GetNAProperties, GetProxySetting, these should not require the object to be visible to run. If any of these pass, then the object is found, the proxy is loaded and working correctly, it is just not visible. 

Next let's assume that it maybe in the proxy, if so, what is the swftypename of the control\controls that are having the problem, and what is are the action\actions that are failing?

-Mike

Children