Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Filtering report based on the parameters
posted

Hello,

I am working with NetAdvantage reporting. I could get the report displayed properly if it is a static report. I wanted to filter the report based on some parameters selected in the controls. How to pass these parameters to XamReportViewer and filter the resultant report based on these selected parameters?

Parents
    posted

Hi,

When you create/edit a data source you can specify filter conditions that depends on parameters. Take a look at section "Configuring a Query Using Report Parameters" in the documentation for a detailed explanation on how to do that for an SQL Data Source.

Once you do that, when the report is displayed by the XamReportViewer it will automatically show a form with the appropriate controls to specify the parameters values.

Also in the Samples you can see reports that use parameters to do filtering, e.g. OrdersByEmployee and SalesPerformanceByEmployee.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Leo

Reply Children
No Data