Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Row updating throwing exception at postback
posted

I have a problem with updating data in the grid, i checked all the samples and could not find the missing thing to get it to work.

My aspx site is getting a command, this command is getting executed against a sql db with the option to get only the schema. Then i add a empty row to it, and fill the DataKeyFields column with some key.

But when i want to postback the values that the user inserted into to the other columns (than the DataKeyFields column), the web application crashes with following exception:

Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
   Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.DataViewDataSourceAdapter.Update(Object dataItem, IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +1398
   Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.DataSourceObjectView.Update(Object dataItem, IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +62
   Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.EditingCore.OnAction(String actionType, Object id, Object value, Object tag) +3970
   Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBehavior.Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.IGridBehavior.OnAction(String actionType, Object id, Object value, Object tag) +48
   Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBot.LoadAdditionalClientState(Object state) +1313
   Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.RunBot.HandleRaisePostDataChangedEvent() +204
   Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBot.HandleRaisePostDataChangedEvent() +74
   Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.FlatDataBoundControl.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +37
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents() +134
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5201

What is wrong?