Decimal Places - Items count in grouping

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers Thread's RSS feed.

Aglaia
Points 75
Replied On: Tue, Dec 6 2011 3:56 AM Reply

I am using xamldatagrid and i have two issues.

1. I want to show all decimal places when the column is double

2. I want to remove (items 2, items 3) when the column is grouped

Any ideas how can I do these?? 

Thank you

• Post Points: 35

All Replies

[Infragistics]Stefan
Points 123,858
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Wed, Dec 7 2011 9:31 AM Reply

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into your requirement and I created a sample project for you with the functionality you want. Basically I created a Style for the XamNumericEditor and set its Mask Property to a Mask that shows 5 numbers after the floating point, but you can increase this number. Also when you group by some Filed, the second and third Fields are hidden in the Groups. Please let me know if this is what you want to achieve or you need further assistance on this matter.

Looking forward for your reply.

Sincerely,
Stefan, MCPD
Developer Support Engineer
Infragistics, Inc.
www.infragistics.com/support

• Post Points: 5
[Infragistics]Stefan
Points 123,858
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Tue, Dec 13 2011 10:49 AM Reply

Hello,

I am just checking if you got this worked out or you still require any assistance or clarification on the matter.

Sincerely,
Stefan, MCPD
Infragistics, Inc.

• Post Points: 20
Abs
Points 875
Replied On: Tue, Aug 14 2012 11:28 AM Reply

Can I extend the question; I have various numeric (double) columns in grid. I wanted to set style to show variable number of decimal places (say column 1 shows upto 2 decimal places, column 2 shows upto 4 decimal places and column 3 shows upto 10 decimal palces and so on), I dont know how big the number would be. Assuming I can set Mak propert for XamNumericEditor based on following format:
{double:-i.f:c}
So my question is; would I need to create a number of sytles? I think probably would need to.
How can I skip specifiying "i" in above expression as you could imagine double can be a huge number and I dont want to restrict by specifying it.

Abs
Points 875
Replied On: Tue, Aug 14 2012 11:42 AM Reply

I should also make it more clearer. My grid is view only; cell would not go in Edit mode. Is format the right property to set for XamNumericEditor. Can you paste a help link to achieve result for the question raised in the post earlier than this?

[Infragistics]Stefan
Points 123,858
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Wed, Aug 15 2012 2:45 AM Reply

Hello,

You are right that you have to create separate Style for the different Fields and that you have to set the Format Property since your Editors won’t be editable. You can set the Format to “.###”, which will mean that the XamNumericEditor will show maximum 3 digits after the floating point.

Sincerely,
Stefan, MCPD
Infragistics, Inc.

Abs
Points 875
Replied On: Wed, Aug 15 2012 4:20 AM Reply

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I also found this post useful.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS