Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid: Add row without inserting to data source or enabling editing mode
posted

Hello!

My goal:
I have a WebDataGrid (WDG) that is using an OracleDataSource (ODS). I also have a form where the user may enter and submit a row to be added ODS and I'd like to add the row to the WDG using Javascript.

My problem:
When I try to add a row to the WDG using Javascript, I'm forced to enable the WDG editing mode for the user. I don't want to do that: I want the user to use my form. More important, when I try to add a row to the WDG, there is an attempt to insert the row into the ODS, which I already did elsewhere in my code. In other words, I need to be able to add a row to the WDG without it causing an attempt to insert the row into the ODS, and ideally without enabling editing mode.

I chose not to use the built-in editing mode because two grids are involved (what's added to one grid depends on the selections in the other grid and both grids need separately updated) and because there are multiple functions (the user needs to be able to decide how the addition is made). Moreover, the data source is very slow, so refreshing the data for one or both grids is not a viable option.

While I appreciate any advice on an ideal solution (which may involve a significant change of approach), I'm on a tight schedule so I'd prefer the quickest option at this time. Thank you!

Parents Reply Children
No Data