me again :)
I just came across the following:
I have a data bound tree, ViewStyle is "OutlookExpress"
Lets say we have a lot of nodes and the tree needs to show a vertical scroll bar.
Lets say we remove the object from the datasource which is behind the very first top node. This will remove the node. The top node is now something else. Now we add the object to the datasource again. This will insert the node at the top position. The scrollbar is now unable to scroll up to the new just added top node, even we know the node is there. After scrolling _DOWN_ and then _UP_ it will show the node as excepted.
I tried this and it always works fine for me so I attached my sample to this post for you. Please review it and modify it if you feel that I misunderstood you. I will be happy to assist you further on that matter.
Developer Support Engineer, MCPDInfragistics, Inc.
How to get answers =>
I can not see any sample to download and review.
Something must have gone wrong when attaching the sample. I attached it again to my previous post. Please let me know what changes are needed or send it back to me with these changes.
here are my findings:
Firstly - I was unable to reproduce my error within your example at all. I even rebuild my tree and it worked all the time
Now I tried around in my tree and what helped was only the following:
removing BeginUpdate and EndUpdate before and after the removing or adding object from the source solved my scrolling issue. I included it in your example, but it worked fine there. Strange... I can not explain this. The trees where like 90% identical, beside really complicated and embedding stuff I can not rebuild that quickly.
After adding the object to the source in my tree I can resize my dialog and the node appears like it should! Why? I even call a refresh on the tree after adding the object.
Do you think skipping BeginUpdate and EndUpdate might harm me at any time? I am pretty sure I had a reason to put those there.
I do not think that the cause is putting the 'BeginUpdate' 'EndUpdate' in work. Bottom line - it will be great if you could provide a small sample application reproducing this, otherwise we can only guess and it will be just chatting since I am not able to see a real project with your scenario.
as I already said I rebuilt almost my whole configuration of my tree into your example and the error is not showing. We can finish this and I will be back as soon as I can clearly find out how to reproduce the error outside my solution.
Removing BeginUpdate and EndUpdate fixed it at this time for me, believe it or not. :)
Okay, I will be waiting for your feedback and project.
Please feel free to let me know if meanwhile a question about our toolset comes up on your mind.
I am checking about the progress of this issue. Please let me know If you need any further assistance on this.
there is no progress actually. As I said I removed Begin and -EndUpdate before/after changing the datasource. That fixed my issue, and that is what counts.