Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to get the current row in WebDataGrid?
posted

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

I have a WebDataGrid with a bunch of bound data fields and a template field with image buttons in them.

<ig:TemplateDataField Key="Buttons" Width="185px">

<ItemTemplate>

<igtxt:WebImageButton ID="btnApprove" runat="server" Text="Approve" CommandName="Approve" CommandArgument=<%#Eval("ID")%> Width="55px" ><ClientSideEvents Click="btnApprove_Click" /></igtxt:WebImageButton>

<igtxt:WebImageButton ID="btnReject" runat="server" Text="Reject" CommandName="Reject" CommandArgument=<%#Eval("ID")%> Width="55px"></igtxt:WebImageButton>

<igtxt:WebImageButton ID="btnTerminate" runat="server" Text="Terminate"  CommandName="Terminate" CommandArgument=<%#Eval("ID")%> Width="65px"></igtxt:WebImageButton>

</ItemTemplate>

</ig:TemplateDataField>

When one of the buttons is clicked I would like to fire off a JavaScript function and capture the current row information and then disable the buttons in the row.

var grid;
function Grid_Initialize(sender, eventArgs)
{
    grid = sender;
}

function btnApprove_Click(oButton, oEvent) 
{
var aRow = grid.get_behaviors().get_activation().get_activeCellResolved().get_row();
var iID = aRow.get_dataKey();
alert(iID );
}

But when I try to get the active row from the grid it seems like it is not always set. 

How do I get the row id of the current row.

Thanks
Parents
    Offline posted

Hi mhussain,

I cant see from the snippet how the selection behavior is configured on your case, but I suggest you to use the following:

<ig:Selection RowSelectType="Single" CellClickAction="Row"/>

Here is the code you can use in your handler to get the selected row.

19 //Get instance of the WebDataHrid on the client

20 var grid = $find('<%= this.WebDataGrid1.ClientID %>');

21 //Get selected rows collection

22 var selectedRows = grid.get_behaviors().get_selection().get_selectedRows();

23 //Get the selected row(the first and only in the collection)

24 var currecnt = selectedRows.getItem(0);

Hope that helps,

Thanks

Reply Children