Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Displaying Column in a Row Edit Template when it's Hidden in the igGrid
posted

Hello,

I would like to know how to display columns that are hidden in my igGrid in the Row Edit Dialog Row Template. I thought that I would be able to do this, but haven't found a way nor any information in the documents. I am not auto-generating columns, but configuring each column manually and certain columns I have configured as "hidden: true" since I do not want them to appear in the igGrid itself, but would like them to appear in my Row Edit Template. Can you please shed some light as to getting this functionality to work?

Thanks in advance

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello, I'm sorry for raising an old thread, but this was the top result on Google.

I'm having the same issue as the original poster - I would like to hide columns in my grid, but then make them visible in my row edit template.  This is useful when the row edit template can show information that is updated less often to save space on the grid.

I'm just curious to know if the answer provided by Lyubomir is still the most accepted way to accomplish this.  I'm using IgniteUI version 14.2.

Thank you!

Children
No Data