Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do I set a password for my dashboard so only authorized users can edit it? (ReportPlus iOS)
posted

Issue

I need to share my dashboard with a couple of colleagues but I need it to be password-protected so I'm the only one who can edit it. How do I do this?

Solution

Starting from v2.0.1 of ReportPlus, you may set up a password for your dashboard. This allows you to share the dashboard with as many users as you want and be sure that only the ones who know the password will be able to edit it.

Here are the steps to set up a password for your dashboard:

1. Open your dashboard in ReportPlus, then tap EDIT.

2. Once in the Edit Mode, tap the Dashboard Settings button:

3. In the Dashboard Settings menu, tap the Password option:

4. In the Password Settings menu, turn Enable Password ON. This will bring up a Password dialog in which you'll have to input the new password twice:

5. Save everything.

6. Save your dashboard, if you haven't done it yet. Once you tap the Dashboards button, this dialog will show up. Name your dashboard (notice the Password option set to ON) and tap Save:

7. The next time you, are any other user who you shared the dashboard with, will be asked for a password in order to go into edit mode:

I hope this helps and don't hesitate posting your questions at our ReportPlus General Discussion forum.

Take care,