Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Pass parameter to xamNumericEditor ValueConverter
posted

I have created a value converter that works fine for the xamNumericEditor. I need to send a parameter so that the converter does what I really need. I cannot use the standard Converter and ConverterParameter properties because I am not specifying fields as my xamDatagrid is bound to a dynamic DataTable object.

<Style TargetType="{x:Type igEditors:XamNumericEditor}">
                    <Setter Property="Mask" Value="{Binding ElementName=maskTextBox,Path=Text}"/>                    
                    <Setter Property="ValueToDisplayTextConverter" Value="{StaticResource ExConverter}"/>                    
                    <Setter Property="TrimFractionalZeros" Value="True"/>
                    <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="White" /> 
                    <Setter Property="ValueType" Value="{x:Type sys:Double}"/>
 </Style>
Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Ed,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into the question that you are having and by default, the parameter of the ValueToTextConverter and the ValueToDisplayTextConverter, is the editor itself. What I can suggest is using the Tag property of the editor and use its value as parameter for the converter. Here is how you can implement this approach:

XAML:

<local:ExConverter x:Key="ExConverter"/>

<Style TargetType="{x:Type igWPF:XamNumericEditor}">

<Setter Property="ValueToDisplayTextConverter" Value="{StaticResource ExConverter}"/>

<Setter Property="Tag" Value="hide"/>

</Style>

C#:

public class ExConverter : IValueConverter

{

public object Convert(object value, Type targetType, object parameter, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

{

XamNumericEditor editor = parameter as XamNumericEditor;

if (editor.Tag == "hide")

{

// implement convertion based on parameter

}

if (value != null)

return value.ToString();

return value;

}

public object ConvertBack(object value, Type targetType, object parameter, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

{

return value;

}

}

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on the matter.

Sincerely,

Krasimir

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

Reply Children
No Data