Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NetAdvantage for ASP.Net?
posted

Are you guys still developing this product?  I am getting really nervous, as I have a substantial amount of code built on it.

• There has been no service release since June
  • I have outstanding trouble-tickets that are confirmed bugs that are up to 6 months old.  Since these are confirmed bugs, I don't understand why there has been no service release in nearly 5 months.
  • Windows 8.1 breaks elements of the WebDataGrid, which is kind of a big deal.  A service release needs to come out pretty quick to fix that.
  • The last full release that came out nearly a year ago felt really light on new features

I am concerned that your attention has shifted to other things...  What are your plans for this product?  Should we be migrating off of this product onto something else?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Rob,

Thanks for being a long time customer.  We released an ASP.NET SR on October 17th, so a few weeks ago.  We are moving to a roughly 6 week cycle on SR's.  We were a little late for a number of reasons this summer on SR's, but I think we are back on track.  Sorry about the delays there.  If there were any bugs that were not addressed, send me an email at jasonb@infragistics.com and I will get you an update.

For the ASP.NET product, YES, we are absolutely still investing in it, this is an important platform.  One of the areas of focus for the last 2 releases was around the ASP.NET MVC story for the Ignite UI controls, so an ASP.NET developer can choose to build pure-client or they can choose the ASP.NET MVC route.  We will continue to push a lot of features on the client / jQuery / MVC side w/ Ignite UI.  

Now that we've hit critical mass on the MVC controls, you'll see more emphasis on features / controls for the ASP.NET server controls.  I want to get some of the more interesting responsive layout UI (like the Layout Manager) over to ASP.NET, as well as the Map, improved Charting, Pivot Grid and more Data Grid features.  You'll also see more / better samples on mobility / tablet experiences in the next release.

I'd love to hear what you'd like to see as well, let me know in this thread or over at ideas.infragistics.com.

I hope this helps, if not, let me know what other info provide,

Jason

Children