Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Questions on deploying ASP.Net applications
posted

I have a few questions regarding ASP.Net application development using Infragistics controls:

1. Can a control from NA 2011.1 be used together with NA 2010.3 controls? They all target 4.0 framework.

2. What is the licx file? Do I have to deploy that on the production server?

3. Do I have to deploy .design assemblies onto the production server? My VS2010 project references them.

4. I am planning to purchase the NA 2014 suite, and I am wondering whether there is a version utility which will convert all controls to the new ones. Also, regarding the Ultrawebgrid, I understand that this is not included in the 2014 suite. Can I still use the one I have (2010.3) or must I change it to WebDataGrid?

Parents
    posted

Hello cloucas,

Regarding your first and 4th questions - assemblies from different versions can be used as long as they are not dependent on each other (such as the UltraWebGrid and Shared assemblies) and that there are no multiple references to the same assembly from different versions. The classic controls can be used alongside the AIKIDO controls, however care should be taken for controls which haven't been retired such as the WebSchedule (the old version should be used due to the need to reference the Shared assembly):

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/87343.aspx

The licx file is generated when entering design mode in VS. As the application is built however, an App_Licenses.dll is also created and this dll needs to be deployed with the project.

Deploying the Design assemblies should not be necessary. A more detailed deployment guide for the NA for ASP.NET controls can be found at:

http://help.infragistics.com/doc/ASPNET/2013.2/CLR4.0/?page=Web_Deploying_Your_Application.html

Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Reply Children
No Data