Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to locate license assembly (regarding source control)
posted

I am on a project with 4 other developers.  I am the only one using Infragistics (for the webchart).  I sent my Infragistics webchart changes to our source control and the other devlopers have gotten the latest version of our project.

Now those developers are getting the following error:

Error 1 Exception occurred creating type 'Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebChart.UltraChart, Infragistics2.WebUI.UltraWebChart.v6.3, Version=6.3.20063.1079, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxx' System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: Unable to locate license assembly. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xxxxx\Properties\licenses.licx 1 vpm-sp2
Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

The licx file is automatically generated by Visual Studio, and contains the list of components which require a license to use at design-time.  This does get a little complicated when you attempt to use MSBuild to compile a project, because it looks at the same LICX file.  The trick (if I remember) is to have the other members clear the contents of the .licx file (don't delete the file, just empty out it's contents).  That should allow them to compile, though they will still be unable to open up any forms with Infragistics components inside of them.

-Tony

Reply Children