Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Validation In Combo Inside ControlContainerTool In Ribbon
posted

I am dynamically adding a combo box inside a ControlContainerTool in the ribbon and binding it.  The combo displays properly and I am able to change the value, but no validation events fire for it.  I am trying to handle the ToolValueChanged event, but this only seems to work when I put a simple control like a checkbox into the ribbon.  If I add a control inside a ControlContainerTool object, that ToolValueChanged event does not fire.  Is there a better event to handle for this?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support.

When you have control container tool, the events of the controls inside will fire instead of the events of the tool. So what you could do in order to validate the Combo is to handle the events of the combo. Also keep in mind that events like Validating or Validated will fire only if the focus goes to another control (they won’t fire if you click a ButtonTool on the Ribbon, for example).

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Reply Children
No Data