Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Add a fixed row to the bottom of a XamDataGrid?
posted

Hi,

I have custom content that I would like to display in a fixed row at the bottom of my datagrids. It would be very similar to the SummaryResultsPresenter area, however I don't want it to be fixed to any record columns. It needs to span the entire width of the datagrid and always be fixed as the last row of the datagrid.

We currently define our xamdatagrids in code like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

private void OurDataGrid_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
this.myDataGrid = sender as XamDataGrid;
OurDataGrid myProjectGrid = sender as OurDataGrid;

Grid grid = Utilities.GetDescendantFromType(this.myDataGrid, typeof(Grid), false) as Grid;

if (grid != null && grid.Children.Count < 2)
{
grid.RowDefinitions.Add(new RowDefinition { Height = new GridLength(1, GridUnitType.Auto) });

Grid dynamicGrid = new Grid();

RowDefinition gridRow1 = new RowDefinition { Height = new GridLength(1, GridUnitType.Auto) };
RowDefinition gridRow2 = new RowDefinition { Height = new GridLength(1, GridUnitType.Auto) };
RowDefinition gridRow3 = new RowDefinition { Height = new GridLength(1, GridUnitType.Auto) };
RowDefinition gridRow4 = new RowDefinition { Height = new GridLength(1, GridUnitType.Auto) };
dynamicGrid.RowDefinitions.Add(gridRow1);
dynamicGrid.RowDefinitions.Add(gridRow2);
dynamicGrid.RowDefinitions.Add(gridRow3);
dynamicGrid.RowDefinitions.Add(gridRow4);

Grid.SetRow(this.lblFilteredItems, 0);
dynamicGrid.Children.Add(this.lblFilteredItems);

Grid.SetRow(this.searchBar, 1);
dynamicGrid.Children.Add(this.searchBar);

grid.Children.Add(dynamicGrid);

summaryFooterRow.Template = (ControlTemplate)this.TryFindResource("ControlTemplate");
Grid.SetRow(this.summaryFooterRow, 3);
//grid.Children.Add(this.summaryFooterRow);
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The row I would like to set as fixed to the bottom is called summaryFooterRow. The problem is that the row I am setting above that row (grid.Children.Add(dynamicGrid);) could be 5 or 5,000 rows of data. Right now summaryFooterRow is displaying above the dynamic grid.

Just to be clear, we have a total of 4 rows, (1) a filter row, (2) a searchbox row, (3) the dynamic data rows, and (4) the summaryFooterRow that I am trying to fix to the bottom.

Is there a way to set summaryFooterRow as the 4th row and the dynamicGrid rows as the 3rd row? Or is there a better way to fix it to the bottom of the datagrid than the way I am trying to do it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Jeff

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I can suggest you retempalte the ScrollViewer and add an addition Row with your custom summary. I created a small project for you showing you how to do so. I bound the visibility of the element to the vertical scrollbar’s Value. If the scroll is at the bottom I set the visibility to collapsed. You should note that due to the XamDataGrid’s virtualization and the way it calculates the scroll and the height if the records, this might not work correctly in every case, so my suggestion is to log a product idea, so it can be added as a build in functionality. You can do this here:

http://ideas.infragistics.com/

Please let me know if you need further clarifications on this matter.

Looking forward for your reply.

XamDataGridSummaryRow.zip
Children