Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Databound Image Fails to Use Cascade Parameter Properly
posted

I have a web application with an Infragistics report (v14.1 in VS 2013). I have two data sources. The first is for report data and the second is for a company logo stored in the database.

My second data source uses the SQL statement: SELECT LogoImage FROM dbo.CompanyLogo WHERE CompanyId = @CompanyId. The CompanyId parameter is a dynamic values list based on the first data source.

The logo is displayed in the header and the Image property contains =First(Fields.LogoImage, DataSources.CompanyLogoDataSource). The problem is that the loaded image always uses the default value of the CompanyId parameter. If I don't set a default value, then the report doesn't load and shows the error "Invalid value for report parameter CompanyId."

However, I know that the CompanyId is valid since it's used in the rest of the report and I can verify its value. How can I resolve this issue? I should also note that only a single record is loaded in the first data source (based on a SQL view), however it is not feasible to include the image (byte array) in the view at this time.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Zairja ,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

I see that you’ve already opened a private case regarding this with number: CAS-141138-F0P5Z3.

Since you’ve already received a response in the private case we’ll continue communication via that case.

If you have any additional questing or concerns please feel free to add them to the case.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer II

Infragistics, Inc.

http://www.infragistics.com/support

Children
No Data