Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
how to... implement model and iggrid construction from user selected dropdown item value
posted

I wouldn't imagine this is the first time anyone has want to do this....   so here it goes.

I've constructed an application with a "data forms" page which is nothing more than a simple <ul><li> dropdown menu of categories and items in categories which enumerate data table/view object names from the back-end storage (SQL Server).  I have the SQL Server models and a working implementation for a "fixed" coded display of the data model in an igGrid using the MVC helper.

My goal is to use the <li> element value (constructed at run-time from the database menu data structure) to then reference the model I want to dynamically construct in the page.  I'm OK with having the columns auto-generate.  I just want to make this work first, then I can dive into the details.

Has anyone done something like this?

I'm using the strongly typed syntax for the igGrid construction (via ASP.Net MVC helper) 

@(Html.Infragistics().Grid<LLMVC.Models.FTErequest>()
.ID("myDataGrid")
.AutoGenerateColumns(false)
.PrimaryKey("id")
.RenderCheckboxes(true)
.Columns(column =>
{

Any help is gratefully appreciated!

Jim H

Parents Reply Children