Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to initialize resources without using Task.Save()?
posted

Hi,

I am trying to implement the Model View View Model pattern and I understand that the Model shouldn't have any references back to the View Model where the databindings are.  I have databindings to Owners and Task tables and understand the task is mapped to owner as part of the Tasks.AllProperties field.  However, all the examples seem to indicate that I should setup a Task and then use Task.Save() to populate the Tasks.AllProperties field.  But in order to construct that class, my Model needs to have knowledge of the ViewModel's databinding class because that is where the ultraCalendarInfo is stored, which has the method to create a task. 

Is there a way to populate the database fields without using that Task.Save() method so that I can keep my databindings cleanly separated from my model? 

Thanks,

Myca

Parents
    posted

I should also mention that my design requirements are that tasks are only assigned to a single resource. 

Reply Children