Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Selection and RowSelector check boxes aren't correctly handled with new persistence feature
posted

I'm trying to upgrade from version 13.1.20131.2217 to version 14.1.20141.2249

First I'm happy to saw that a new persistence feature has been added, because we had perform some internal fixes to what was existing before, and I was full of hope with the idea that this new feature will help us to remove those fixes.

But I quickly discover that this new feature is not ready at all !

Simply go to your sample : http://www.igniteui.com/grid/feature-persistence, and follow that scenario that demonstrate several problems :

Select the first row by clicking on the check box (id 1)

Then click on "next" to go to the second page

Select the first row by clicking on the check box (id 6) ==> the check box doesn't draw !!!

Select the second row still by clicking on the check box (id 7), the checkbox correctly draw.

Click previous, see that id 1 is still selected, then click next

Selection of id 6 that was not drawn has not been preserved !!!

Now select the first row (id 6) by pressing Control key and clicking in the row

The row seem graphically selected

Unselect the first row still by pressing Control key and clicking in the row

The row seem graphically unselected, but...

Click previous, and observe that the row with id 1 has lost is selection (because we unselect row index 1 in page 2 ?)

It's seems that the new feature is not stable at all, and that it makes use of row indexes instead of row datakeys which is not good at all.

I hope that some fixes will be released soon, because in this state, I can't upgrade to this new version :(

As we where interesting to upgrade to use the column fixing feature, may be I can try to upgrade only to the 13.2 version, but it can't be a long term solution...

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Nivet,

I am sorry you are not able to make use of the new persistence feature because of these issues. We are aware of them and the next service release for 14.1 includes a list of changes that addresses all these along with improving the selection functionality with virtualization and solving some performance bottlenecks when using it in conjunction with RowSelectors' checkboxes.

The next service release is currently projected for October 10. Please, refer to http://www.infragistics.com/help/service-releases for more information! I hope this helps with making the upgrade decision!

Best regards,

Stamen Stoychev

Reply Children