Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Columns vs. Rows?
posted

This question may have been asked/answered numerous times, but I can't think of sufficiently distinct terminology for a  meaningful search.

Can the Infragistics DataGrid for WPF (xamDataGrid) handle transposing rows for columns?  We need a grid that will represent the collection of objects (records) as columns and the properties of each object (record) as rows.  I'm managing this today with the free grid included from Microsoft, but it requires a fair bit of coding on my part.  We're trying to follow the MVVM pattern, so it would be much nicer if we could simply bind our collection this way.  One of the problems this causes is that the columns are non-homogeneous.  I may want a string in one row, and an int in the next.

Here's a (somewhat lame) example to demonstrate what we're after:

Emp 1 Emp 2 Emp 3 ...
Name John Doe Jane Doe Junior Doe
Birthday 1/1/1960 2/2/1960 1/1/1990
Shoe Size 10 8.5 11

In the example, I have an "Employee" record with three properties ("Name", "Birthday", "Shoe Size") of different types.  The collection of employees form the columns.  I'd need a textbox for editing the names, a date-picker for editing the birthday, and something like xamInputs for editing the shoe size.  Is this possible with the Infragistics grid?  Is it relatively easy, or does it require a lot of custom code?

Alternatively, is there a different control I should be using for this?

Thanks!

Brad.

Parents Reply Children
No Data