Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Report Viewer - Export problem
posted

Hello,

I am currently developing an ASP.NET MVC4 application and I am using Infragistics Report Viewer v13.1 for generating reports. I've done everything suggested in posts Configuring Reporting to Work with MVC, Configuring Reporting Under IIS and How to Change the Data Sources at Runtime Using IReportDataSourceProvider. I am using server-side rendering.

For the report I need to set an image of a map as a background and small table representing the legend of the map. The Image property is binded to a byte array containing the actual image bytes and the array is obtained from a data base.

The first time I try to export the report everything works fine - the image is rendered and the table's fields are filled. The problem comes when I try to export the report again (without refreshing the page) - then the table's fields are filled but the background image is not rendered. The problem occurs in all browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) and regardless the type of file (pdf, xps, excel).

After few days of searching and debugging I've found out that something is happening between events "exportStarted" and "exportCompleted" that is making the image to disapear (but I can't be 100% sure about that).

So I'm asking for your opinion on how this can be solved. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Sincerely,

Denis Angelov

Parents Reply Children