Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AutoScaleMode does not resize column widths
posted

I am trying to get our application to auto scale property.  I have the entire application working correctly except that columns widths are not re-sized when the ScaleControl() is called from the framework.  The result is a grid with the font size being sized correctly but the widths not adjusting.  I was wonder why this is not part of the control.  All other controls seem to re-size correctly.  I don't see a easy way to achieve this either because if I scale the widths I have no way of knowing if the widths have already been scaled.  It seems that there would need to be a property of some kind to tell whether or not the column should be re-sized or has already been re-sized.  Thanks in advance.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Derek,

Columns widths aren't necessarily scalable. You might want your columns to be a fixed width based on the content, rather than scale based on screen resolution. So the grid makes no attempt to respond to the scaling.

Why not simply auto-size the columns to their content? That would seem to make a lot more sense from a UI perspective and it would account for different resolutions.

this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.PerformAutoResizeColumns(false, PerformAutoSizeType.AllRowsInBand, AutoResizeColumnWidthOptions.All);

posted

Hello Derek,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know If you need our further assistance on this  issue?

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.