Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Null datetime (01/01/0001 00:00:00) in igTransactions ( GridTransaction<myModel> )
posted

Hi,

I have a grid which has two datetime columns. I am makin my own POST request to the controller and I am sending the 'alltransactions' like this :

var transaction = $("#myCurrencyGrid").igGrid("allTransactions"); 

$.ajax({
                    type: "POST",
                    url: "/GeneralLedger/CreateCurrency",
                    data: JSON.stringify({ 'myModel': myModel, 'transaction': transaction }),

success: function (data) {
                    },
                    dataType: "json",
                    traditional: true,
                    contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8"
                });

In my controller I am getting (01/01/0001 00:00:00) (null datetime) in my grid transaction model although I had selected a valid date from the grids datepicker. Why am I getting null Date in my controller in igtransaction's row property?

In my grid I have setup the columns like this :

.Updating()
               cs.ColumnSetting().ColumnKey("cur_rt_from_dt").EditorType(ColumnEditorType.DatePicker);
               cs.ColumnSetting().ColumnKey("cur_rt_to_dt").EditorType(ColumnEditorType.DatePicker);

.Columns()

column.For(x => x.cur_rt_from_dt).HeaderText("From Date").DataType("date").Format("ddd, MMM-d-yy HH:mm");
column.For(x => x.cur_rt_to_dt).HeaderText("To Date").DataType("date").Format("ddd, MMM-d-yy HH:mm");

I console.logged the JSON.stringified() transaction on my submit button click and here is the output:

CONSOLE.LOG : "Stringified transaction: [{"type":"newrow","tid":"447b","row":{"cur_rt_pk":6,"cur_rt_from_dt":"/Date(1411066800000)/","cur_rt_to_dt":"/Date(1411153200000)/","cur_rt_buying_rate":66,"cur_rt_selling_rate":67},"rowId":6}]"

If the '/Date(......)/' are valid dates why am I getting (01/01/0001 00:00:00) in my controller. I just want to point out that I am sending these transactions after JSON.stringify(transaction) and in the console log I can see a differenct /Date(....)/ for every different date so uptil JSON.Stringify function the date is ok ( I think ) . I am using Asp.net MVC & IgniteUI version 4.13.2.2157 . I tried enabling enable Utc date to true and false also, nothing changes. I still get a bogus null date in my controller.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Zep,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support!

I suggest you specifying updateUrl and using the saveChanges method of igGrid.
    This way the grid handles automatically the ajax and how the data is passed to the controller.
    Review the attached sample and let me know if you have any additional questions.

If you process myModel before passing it to the ajax method and that is the reason why you use ajax to update the data to the server,
    please provide myModel value and what is your final goal.

Sample.zip
Children