Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can I access a function in the angular controller from a column template
posted

Hi,

I'm starting to write a project using Angular and Ignite UI controls, especially the igGrid. So I got the angular directives and created a grid and set a data source which is working fine. Now I'm getting stuck on how I could trigger a function in my Angular controller from a template column. There is a sample on your page showing how to call a function by using the onclick event but this of course won't be executed within the controller so I would like to use something like the ng-click binding. As a sample what I already have here is the column definition:

<column key="Delete" header-text="Delete" data-type="string" unbound=true width="90px" template="{{getHtml('#deleteTemplate')}}"></column>

And this is the template I defined that is currently calling a javascript function getting passed the data

<script id="deleteTemplate" type="text/x-jquery-tmpl"><input type='button' onclick='alert("{{>#data}}")' value='Delete row' /></script>

As you can see I am using the jsrender engine for templates. Is there a way to use ng-click on this button and make it call a function on the angular controller of the context?

As a side question - I switched to jsrender because I could not find a solution to use an {{if}} within an {{each}} - is this possible with the Infragistics rendering engine?

The delete is just a sample – I know I could do this by using the Updating events but I have some other scenarios where I will need to call a function on the Controller and pass it the data of the row the button is shown in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents Reply Children