Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NullHandling.DontPlot does not seem to function with ScatterChart in CompositeChart
posted

Hi,

I have a problem to use a compositechart with several scatterchart. I want that scatterchart does not display a line between the points is null.
I put NullHandling.DontPlot to NullHandling Option but that does not seem to function.

Can you help me.

Thanks.

Below part of the code :

lineLayer   = new ChartLayerAppearance();

lineSeries  = new XYSeries();

lineLayer.AxisX                         = aAxisX;

lineLayer.AxisY                         = aAxisY;

lineLayer.AxisX.Labels.ItemFormat       = AxisItemLabelFormat.Custom;

lineLayer.AxisX.Labels.ItemFormatString = "<TIMESTAMP> ";

lineLayer.AxisX.DataType                = AxisDataType.Numeric;

lineSeries.Data.DataSource              = ds.Tables["DATA"];

lineSeries.Data.ValueXColumn            ="TimeStamp";

lineSeries.Data.ValueYColumn            = nom;

lineSeries.Label                        = nom +":" + unite;

PaintElement myPaintElement             = new PaintElement(couleur);

myPaintElement.Hatch                    = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.

FillHatchStyle.Horizontal;

myPaintElement.StrokeWidth              = epaisseur;

lineSeries.PEs.Add(myPaintElement);

lineLayer.ChartType                     = ChartType.ScatterChart;

((ScatterChartAppearance)(lineLayer.ChartTypeAppearance)).ConnectWithLines              = true;

((ScatterChartAppearance)(lineLayer.ChartTypeAppearance)).NullHandling                  = NullHandling.DontPlot;

((ScatterChartAppearance)(lineLayer.ChartTypeAppearance)).Icon                          = (FormPrincipale.myParamLoc.AffichePointCourbe ? SymbolIcon.Circle : SymbolIcon.None);

((ScatterChartAppearance)(lineLayer.ChartTypeAppearance)).IconSize                      = SymbolIconSize.Small;

((ScatterChartAppearance)(lineLayer.ChartTypeAppearance)).LineAppearance.DrawStyle      = LineDrawStyle.Solid;

((ScatterChartAppearance)(lineLayer.ChartTypeAppearance)).LineAppearance.SplineTension  = (float)0;

((ScatterChartAppearance)(lineLayer.ChartTypeAppearance)).LineAppearance.Thickness      = epaisseur;

lineLayer.Series.Add(lineSeries);

lineLayer.ChartArea = area;

chart.CompositeChart.ChartLayers.Add(lineLayer);

chart.CompositeChart.Series.Add(lineSeries);           

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

Looking at the ScatterLayer source when a point is encountered as null and NullHandling is set to DontPlot the point is removed entirely from the plotted points.  With ConnectLines set to true, line segments are then drawn between all the points that exist.  So as it stands now there would be no gap where the null was encountered.  Please bear with me as I'm looking into what we can do to remedy this or provide you with some sort of workaround. 

Children