Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Web application theming
posted

Hello.

I'm starting a web application that will use both jQuery UI and Ignite UI controls. I'd like to be able to use controls from both frameworks on any page. However, Ignite UI theme overrides a lot of classes defined by jQuery UI, thus it breaks jQuery UI controls (either the theme or the functionality).

I thought about using a scope for Ingnite UI theme. (I'll how at the bottom of this post.) However it didn't work, because some Ignite UI controls add elements as body's direct children and they are outside the scope, so the theme is not applied.

How can I achive to succesfully use both frameworks without any conflicts?

Thanks.

Here is how I added the scope to the theme. I created a less file with the following:

.infragistics-widget {
    @import (less) "themes/infragistics/infragistics.theme.less";
    @import (less) "structure/infragistics.css";
}

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for posting on our forums.

Its my understanding that the Infragistics Themes should work with jQuery UI components. Can you provide me with more details about which theme you're using and the issues you're encountering with specific jQueryUI components?

Also, regarding the ability to use multiple themes on the same page, I don't believe this is possible but am currently investigating this further.

I am looking forward to your update.

Children
No Data